Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I can't keep up with it all!


So lately I've had an outpouring of new cool music. 

First, I bought the new Schuyler Fisk CD. Which I'm totally in love with. I don't know if I talked about it on here. But my fan base deserves to know that she is amazing. One of my total favs.

THEN, the new Lily Allen CD was on sale at Amazon for $3.99. Like I was going to pass that up. Whatever. 

Now, I'm a total believer in buying music, I very rarely steal music. But my friend Kelly burned me a copy of the new Joshua Radin CD. And I accepted. It's beautiful. 
I was planning on going to his concert tonight, but alas, everyone was busy. =(

Today I got home and my mom purchased the most lovely CD I have heard in a long time. It's by a group called The Welcome Wagon (pictured above) it is a pastor and his wife. They have a really similar style to Sufjan Stevens who I love. I think my mom said something about him producing their music or something. It's really cool because they sing Christian music, but it's not the stuff that sounds like "oh I just wrote a love song and then threw Jesus' name into it so I could sell it to Christians". I'm really not a fan of such nonsense. 

Anyway, they are ridiculously amazing. 
Oh, and there is a banjo involved, which makes it all the better.

I don't know where I'm going to find the time to listen to all this new music! 

No comments: