Thursday, November 12, 2009

Please. . . try and think outside the trending news box


I'm sure you've all heard Carrie Prejean's interview on Larry King.

I can't talk about it.

I'm actually trying not to think about it right now.

But, I really can't let go of the fact that when asked who her hero was, she responded with Sarah Palin.

I mean, I have nothing again Sarah Pailn whatsoever. She seems like a very nice person, and contrary to popular belief, she is not actually stupid. That notion is ridiculous. She is probably smarter than the whole city of Antioch combined.

Although, it is ridiculous that she is Carrie Prejean's hero.

Really Carrie? No one else? You couldn't think of anyone else? At all? No one?

Are you sure?

Here is a list of acceptable people you can call your "hero"

Martin Luther King Jr.
(or for reformed Christians, just plain ol' Martin Luther)
Mother Theresa
Winston Churchill
Anne Frank
Isaac Newton
Helen Keller
People who have served in war
Jesus
The Wright brothers
Teachers
Walt Disney
Larry King

. . . I could go on.

Saying that Sarah Palin is your hero, is like saying that your favorite car is a 2010 Prius.

There hasn't been enough time to test it out yet.

So Carrie, the next time you decide that you are really important, and that you should write a book. . . maybe you should go practice your bulimia.

(I'm sorry. Is that offensive? Am I allowed to say that?)

No comments: