Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm not obsessed. Really.

Today I made the trek down to Orange County to visit with my grandparents for Thanksgiving.

I am very excited for this.

Tomorrow we are going to Balboa Island.

And all my poor holiday heart can think of is the ambrosia I will be eating on Thursday. . and Thursday night before bed. . and friday for breakfast, and then a snack, and then another snack, and a side dish, and dessert.

If you don't know ambrosia as more than a band, you should look it up.

Delicious.

Anyway, I got into my car this morning, and Sufjan Stevens Christmas was playing on my ipod already. I've gotten a little burned out on this album because it's been the only Christmas music I've allowed myself to listen to pre-Thanksgiving.

I started this pre-Thanksgiving binge about a month ago.

I realized that I hadn't listened to The Beatles for a good week or two, so I decided to put them on shuffle.

Then I decided to keep them on shuffle.

The whole trip.

Seven and a half hours.

It's was wonderful.

The only song that repeated was Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band. I attribute that to the fact that not only is it on SPLHCB, but it's also on Yellow Submarine. My poor shuffle didn't even know what it was doing to me.

No comments: