Monday, November 16, 2009

Remember, tip your waitresses.


I have lost all faith in the youth of America.

Today at work I had responsible, nice, pleasant young girls sit at one of my tables. They were about 14 or 15. . .give or take.

They each ordered a lemonade, which surprised me since it costs 3.25, but I rang it up. Then they each ordered an entree, not off the lunch menu, so it was pricey (as pricey as my glorified fast food restaurant can get), and to finish it off they split a chocolate soufflé.

Their bill was sixty dollars.

Now, I expected the tip they were going to leave me to not be so great. It was obviously what was going to happen.

I picked up their bill, and they asked for change.

Their change was four dollars.

I still had faith and thought, maybe they just want to figure out the tip after.

Nope.

No tip.

Zero.

They are old enough to know that is really rude.

And so, because of this, I am convinced that they will all grow up to be waitresses and realize the error of their ways. OR I'll run into them in a dark ally, and I will make sure they realize the error of their ways.

The end.

No comments: